Here in this post we are discussing everything about how to connect AirPods to MacBook, MacBook pro, iPhone and iPod. Apple Inc introduced their Airpods back in 2016 with the Iphone 7. Airpods are wireless technology as a replacement to simple earbuds. The second generation for Airpods and premium pods were launched in 2019’s.
For connecting, First thing is to check your Mac generation. For second Generation AirPods, your Mac should be of macOS 10.14.4 or later version. In Addition, if you’re using AirPods (1st generation), make sure that your Mac is using macOS Sierra or later.
What are AirPods?
AirPods are wireless Bluetooth controlled earbuds designed by Apple. They were first introduced on December 13, 2016. The 2nd generation air pods were introduced in 2019. Premium Airpods for Macbook also known as Airpods Pro were released later on that year.
Within a small period of time Airpods became the most popular accessory of Apple. This device got critical success and viral sensation in the market. If you charge AirPods for 15 minutes in their case, you get up to 3 hours of listening time or over an hour of talk time
The basic Function of releasing AirPods was to get rid of wired earbuds. There are some common features in all the Airpods given below. It’s worth noting that they don’t only play audios!
AirPods features a built-in microphone that filters the background noise. This feature allows the user to attend phone calls and talk to Apple’s digital assistant Siri. There are built-in accelerometers and optical sensors that can detect taps. The double-tap pauses the audio. In-ear placement enable the device to automatic pausing when taken out of the ears.
The Airpods have an easy charge port on them. AirPods give you a max 24 hours of listening time and 11 hours of talk time with a full charge.
Introduction to Apple and Its Products
Apple is an American multinational company. The headquarters of Apple is in California. This company designs, develops and sells electronics, computer software, and online services. It is one of the biggest technology companies like Microsoft, Amazon, Google, and Facebook. The company’s hardware products include the
- iPhone smartphone
- iPad tablet computer
- Mac personal computer
- iPod portable media player
- Apple Watch smartwatch
- Apple TV digital media player
- AirPods wireless earbuds
- HomePod smart speaker
Apple’s software include macOS, iOS, iPadOS, watchOS, and tvOS, the iTunes media player, the Safari web browser. Its online services include the iTunes Store, the iOS App Store, Mac App Store, Apple Music, Apple TV+, iMessage, and iCloud. Other services include Apple Store, Genius Bar, AppleCare, and Apple Pay, .
Apple was founded by Steve Jobs, Steve Wozniak, and Ronald Wayne in April 1976. It developed and sold Wozniak’s Apple I personal computer. The company was incorporated as Apple Computer, Inc. in January 1977, and sales of its computers, including the Apple II, grew fast.
Within a few years, Jobs and Wozniak had hired a staff of computer designers and had a production line. Apple went public in 1980 to instant financial success. Over the next few years, Apple shipped new computers with graphical user interfaces. For example Macintosh in 1984. In 1985, Wozniak departed from Apple friendly and remained an honorary employee. But Jobs and others resigned to found Next.
How to connect Airpods to Macbook?
To connect the Airpods to Macbook follow these steps:
- Choose Apple menu and click System Preferences.
- Click Bluetooth option.
- If your AirPods appear in the list of devices aren’t connected*
- Remove your AirPods from the list.
- Select your AirPods in the list of devices.
- Click the X to the right of your AirPods.
- Add your AirPods to the device list in Bluetooth preferences again.
- Place both AirPods in the charging case.
- Open the lid of your charging case near your Mac.
- In the device list, select your Airpods and click Connect.
- Test your AirPods.
- If you still can’t connect, then reset your AirPods.
* If your AirPods don’t appear in Bluetooth preferences, set up your AirPods with your Mac.
How to connect Airpods to iPhone?
If you can’t connect to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, then follow the below steps;
User must be sure that iOS or iPad has the latest compatible software installed.
- Open you home in your mobile screen.
- Place the Airpods near your Iphone screen.
- A new setup will began on your Iphone.
- Connect the devices.
- If you have pro Airpods with your “Hey siri” setup ON. Then siri will be ready to be used with Airpods.
- However, if you doesn’t have siri ON, then you must keep following the setup process on your Iphone.
- Press “Done”
- icloud users doesn’t need to setup any Airpods, as they will automatically connect when the same Apple Id used to login to iCloud.
What to do if only one AirPod is working?
- Open Control Center and make sure that Bluetooth is on.
- Put both AirPods in the charging case and make sure that both AirPods are charging.
What to do if your AirPods or case won’t charge?
To use and connect airpods to macbook its important to charge your case. Follow the below process if it is not charged;
- Go to Settings > Bluetooth.
- If your AirPods are connected, make sure that they are selected as your audio device.
- If they aren’t connected, just go to the next step.
- Close the lid, wait for 15 seconds and again open the lid.
- Press and hold the setup button on the case for up to 10 seconds.
- The status light should flash white, which means that your AirPods are ready to connect.
AirPods and AirPods Pro Comparison
Apple right now makes two genuine remote earbud models. The second-gen AirPods (which list for $159), with optional remote charging. The $249 AirPods Pro, which highlights dynamic commotion crossing out. I for one favor the AirPods Pro and evaluated them higher than the standard AirPods in my survey. They cost around $110 more than the normal AirPods (without remote charging). Not every person enjoys their structure. It leaves you with a silicone ear tip pushed hardly into your ear waterway.
|Active noise cancellation||NO||Yes|
|Battery life (between in-case charges)||4.5 Hours||5 Hours|
|Wireless charging||In $199 model||yes|
That, more or less, is the reason a few people aren’t certain about which AirPods to buy. And keeping in mind that there are a lot of brilliant non-Apple genuine remote earbuds out there.
Airpods are an easy way to stream music on the go while freeing yourself from loads of wires around you. Also, it’s very easy to connect airpods to macbook just by following a simple process. Latest tech needs more caring than the old one thus, you must keep your self updated about the tech knowledge and tech news in this era.
Write for us
You can also write for us to publish any article you want related to tech news. Also, If you have facing any-other problem related to MacBook or MacBook pro or AirPods you can contact us for detailed information.